Restoration of the Cloister at the Church Santa Maria de Palacio
Patio del Claustro de Santa María de Palacio
The piece “Restoration of the Cloister at the Church of Santa María de Palacio” seeks to fictionally complete the renovations carried out by architect Gerardo Cuadra from 1988 to 1996:
« The cloister is a largely classicist piece that followed different traces until Juan de Riba in 1609. It’s worth noting that Juan de Ancha restored the original fountain around 1550. It was disassembled in 1701 by José Raón and José González de la Jartada as part of the reinforcement work being done on the pillars behind the transept and their transverse arch, which threatened to destroy the steeple.
Found by Cuadra Rodríguez, it has been rebuilt based on sketches dated 1701, before its demolition, thus returning to the cloister its centre, which had been lost for over two centuries.»